There is no cost to visit the Cemeteries.
Driving in the
Passenger vehicles, vans, trucks, and small tour buses are permitted on cemetery grounds.
Visitors are welcome to tour Laurel Hill East and West by vehicle, bicycle, or by foot. Laurel Hill East’s narrow entrances and roadways limit use by large tour buses, school buses, and freight trucks.
Please obey the 15 mph speed limit as you explore and enjoy our cemeteries.
Laurel Hill West
There is a parking lot next to the Funeral Home and Conservatory building and there is ample parking throughout the cemetery.
Laurel Hill East
A limited number of parking spaces are available immediately inside the cemetery’s Ridge Avenue entrance to the left. Free on-street parking is available near the cemetery although we discourage parking along Ridge Avenue.
Parking is allowed along the roads in the cemeteries for general visitation and tours.
Tour Groups must contact the Volunteer & Tour Manager for specific directions: email@example.com
All other parking is street parking on side streets in the neighborhood across from Laurel Hill East. Free street parking is available in the neighborhood on West Indiana Avenue, Shedwick Street, and 35th Street
We welcome passive recreational activities including walking, picnicking, jogging, running, and biking.
- For your own safety and the integrity of our historic sites, please do not climb, lean against, or otherwise touch our monuments, as many are over 100 years old. They can and do topple.
- Please be respectful and keep in mind that our cemeteries are final sites of rest.
- All motorists and cyclists are expected to be mindful of the 15 mph speed limit.
Dog walkers are welcome on the grounds of our cemeteries and are expected to follow the below guidelines:
- Dogs must be licensed and have required vaccinations.
- Dogs must remain leashed at all times.
- Dog owners must clean up after their pets. Pet waste bags and disposal containers are available throughout our grounds.
- Service dogs are permitted in our buildings.
Free maps are available at the offices at Laurel Hill West and in the brochure racks at the Gatehouse and Central Gate entrances at Laurel Hill East.
Laurel Hill encourages senior groups, meet-up groups, classes, clubs, and schools to use the cemetery for educational and recreational purposes. Please contact us prior to your visit to ensure we’re prepared for your group.
All organized, guided tours must be conducted by one of Laurel Hill’s Certified Guides. Visit our Tours page to learn more about our private tour offerings and submit a request.