Sacred Spaces & Storied Places
Laurel Hill West
The expansion of Fairmount Park in the 1860s prevented further growth of Laurel Hill East, and in 1869 Laurel Hill West Cemetery was established just across the river in Bala Cynwyd. This walking tour provides a wonderful overview of Laurel Hill West’s long and colorful history, including its architectural artistry, stunning trees and horticulture, and the stories of residents that encompass diverse and fascinating Philadelphia history. Sacred Spaces and Storied Places is the perfect introductory tour for anyone who wants to learn all that Laurel Hill West has to offer. Experienced tour guides offer visitors a unique perspective and every Sacred Spaces tour is different!
Tour Guide: Jen Krivinskas
- $12/General Admission (Ages 13 and up)
- $10/Seniors (Ages 65+) and Students with ID
- $7/Members of the Friends of Laurel Hill
- $6/Youth (Ages 6-12)
- Free/Ages 5 and under
Youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tickets must be purchased in advance.
We will depart from the CONSERVATORY at Laurel Hill West (not the first building you see).
- Click here for directions Laurel Hill West.
- Laurel Hill West Cemetery is located at 225 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd PA 19004(GPS directions: 340 Belmont Avenue).
- When you enter the cemetery through the main gates off of Belmont Avenue, you will pass the Funeral Home on your left and see white dashed lines. Follow the white dashed lines through the cemetery to the Conservatory.
- NOTE FOR UBER/LYFT RIDERS: Have your driver go into the cemetery following the above directions — otherwise, you will have a 5 – 10-minute walk to the event location.
- Free parking is available outside the Conservatory.