Unsinkable to Unthinkable: Titanic Passengers of Laurel Hill
Laurel Hill East & Laurel Hill West
April 15, 1912. Newspapers across the globe spread the tragic news; the unsinkable Titanic, on her maiden voyage, had sunk. On that morning, the world tried to comprehend how such a fate could have claimed that modern marvel! We know the numbers: approximately 1,500 perished and 700 survived. To this day, her sinking still fascinates the masses. Join us as we tell the tales of some of the victims—and survivors—who now rest in Laurel Hill East and West Cemeteries.
This tour will begin at Laurel Hill East and then participants will drive to Laurel Hill West to reconvene with the tour guide to do the second portion of the tour.
Tour Guide: Lora Lewis
- $17/General Admission (Ages 13 and up)
- $15/Seniors (Ages 65+) and Students with ID
- $12/Members of the Friends of Laurel Hill
- $8.50/Youth (Ages 6-12)
- $1.90/Access Card Holders (can purchase up to 4 tickets) **
- Free/Ages 5 and under
** Access Card + Valid Photo I.D. must be presented at check-in.
Please note – youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Advanced ticket purchases are strongly encouraged!
This tour departs from Laurel Hill East’s Gatehouse entrance at 3822 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19132. Information on directions, parking, and visiting guidelines are linked here to better plan your visit.
Then all participants will drive to Laurel Hill West and reconvene at the CONSERVATORY at Laurel Hill West (not the first building you see when you enter from Belmont Ave.).
- Click here for directions to Laurel Hill West.
- Laurel Hill West Cemetery is located at 225 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd PA 19004 (GPS directions: 340 Belmont Avenue).
- When you enter the cemetery through the main gates off of Belmont Avenue, you will pass the Funeral Home on your left and see white dashed lines. Follow the white dashed lines through the cemetery to the Conservatory.
- NOTE FOR UBER/LYFT RIDERS: Have your driver go into the cemetery following the above directions — otherwise, you will have a 5 – 10-minute walk to the event location.
- Free parking is available outside the Conservatory.