This Sporting Life: Athletes of Laurel Hill West
Laurel Hill West
Laurel Hill West is the final resting place for members of the baseball, tennis, skiing, hockey, and college football Halls of Fame. Hear the fascinating stories of a man whose inventions completely changed two sports, a 19th-century baseball outfielder who still holds a major league record, a tennis player who was a spy for the CIA on the side, the man who invented progressive resistance weightlifting, and others. It’s a long walk around the cemetery, but you will meet some of the great sportspeople of the 19th and 20th centuries.
Tour Guide: Joe Lex
- $17/General Admission (Ages 13 and up)
- $15/Seniors (Ages 65+) and Students with ID
- $12/Members of the Friends of Laurel Hill
- $8.50/Youth (Ages 6-12)
- $1.90/Access Card Holders (can purchase up to 4 tickets) **
- Free/Ages 5 and under
** Access Card + Valid Photo I.D. must be presented at check-in.
Please note – youth and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Advanced ticket purchases are strongly encouraged!
We will depart from the CONSERVATORY at Laurel Hill West (not the first building you see when you enter from Belmont Ave.).
- Click here for directions to Laurel Hill West.
- Laurel Hill West Cemetery is located at 225 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd PA 19004 (GPS directions: 340 Belmont Avenue).
- When you enter the cemetery through the main gates off of Belmont Avenue, you will pass the Funeral Home on your left and see white dashed lines. Follow the white dashed lines through the cemetery to the Conservatory.
- NOTE FOR UBER/LYFT RIDERS: Have your driver go into the cemetery following the above directions — otherwise, you will have a 5 – 10-minute walk to the event location.
- Free parking is available outside the Conservatory.